10 things I love about serving women
I love my job. It’s not just a job or just my business, but a labor of love and service.
Maybe that sounds strange, but I see what I do as taking care of you; your confidence, your sense of sensuality, your soul. I choose to serve women (and some men) because I understand what you need, and I want to give it to you. Why do I choose to serve you? I compiled a little list:
- Your nervous laughter. I know your afraid you can’t do this when you step into my dressing room for the first time. I also know your about blossom in front of my eyes.
- That moment when you relax (about 20 frames into the session) and you start to embrace it. The gleam in your eyes, the breath through parted lips, and connection you make with my lens. I know your about to let me capture something amazing, that will make you incredibly proud.
- Your bravery and trust. You barely know me, but when I ask about fixing a strap or a stray piece of hair, you quickly tell me to just do it, you trust me. I take that trust very seriously, and I honor it.
- The excitement in your eyes when I act all silly and dance around at a shot I know is absolutely perfect! (I can’t hide my excitement either.)
- The look on your face when you see your finished images for the first time. The tear that’s often shed at how beautiful you look. I can’t even put that feeling into words.
- The way you feel when you leave my studio, your head held a little higher. Your pride at the inner woman you’d forgotten was there, and the awesomeness she possesses.
- When I look at you I see myself, and every woman I’ve ever known. I see the self-criticism and list of faults, and I want to help you forget them.
- You are amazing, strong, passionate, sensual, and fabulous. I want you to know it.
- I want to help you embrace who you are, so together we can help our daughters embrace who they are.
- You are important.